Thread: Seminars

Started Member
    My Name
    Tom Dorroh

Seminars

Is there anything in the works regarding the need for seminars? Seems as if they are getting harder to schedule or schedule at the last month. I love judging HRC but am not driving 6 hours and spending gas/hotel/food money to do so.

Started Member
    My Name
    Keith Spader

Seminars

It's normal to have to travel to a seminar, our club has been active since 2004 and we've only had 1 seminar and the FR had to fly across the country to give it. Unfortunately, they have to go to where the bigger clubs are and the smaller clubs have to travel.

Started Member
    My Name
    Tom Dorroh
    Maybe normal for you but in my 25 yrs I have never traveled over 2-3 hrs.
    Besides, after so many seminars what is gained? Other venues seem to survive just fine. BTW I am all for the testing program.
    Just seems it might be time to rethink all this.

Started Member
    My Name
    Keith Spader

Seminars

I would like to see it broke down into a 1/2 day classroom and a 1/2 or full day discussing setups and showing scenarios.

My Name
    Chad Miller
    Me, too! While I'm with Tom on some level that full day run throughs of what a break looks like aren't necessary after 10 years of judging (although I see the need for this for first time seminar attendees, so I don't know how you separate...), I don't feel that the seminar is a waste of time. I do wish, however, that there was time for some setups, practice designing tests, and seeing some dogs run to practice predicting how factors will affect them!
    Wake me up early, be good to my dogs, and teach my children to pray!
    ---John Anderson, Black Sheep